Shallow Dive Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi

I made a dive to 5 metres yesterday but could not stay down due to some bouyancy issues. I ascended and went down again with some more weight, still had the same issues. So on ascent I aborted the dive. I estimate I was at 5 metres for 5 minutes. Before, during and after the dive I had helped ot carry a lot of the equipment and felt like I pulled a muscle in the chest. I have had some muscular pain since in the chest area, which I have had before even before I started diving. I just wanted to check whether there was any likelihood of DCS?

its probably nothing... I spoke with DAN after a similar issue (except in the shoulder) and they told me that at that depth that it is VERY difficult to get Bent... now an embolism is a whole other story... more than likely you pulled something.. but at the very least, go to DANs website and read up on DCS and see how many symptoms you have... if you have even the smallest doubt give them a call... even if you arent a member they will still help you...

Better to be safe than sorry....

Stryker:
its probably nothing... I spoke with DAN after a similar issue (except in the shoulder) and they told me that at that depth that it is VERY difficult to get Bent... now an embolism is a whole other story... more than likely you pulled something.. but at the very least, go to DANs website and read up on DCS and see how many symptoms you have... if you have even the smallest doubt give them a call... even if you arent a member they will still help you...

Better to be safe than sorry....

Thanks for that...I actually have none of the symptoms they describe, the only thing I have is the muscle pain I mentioned.

Hello dancing bear:

Sounds like a muscle issue and a sprain. Pretty shallow for a DCS gas load.

Take care. :crafty:

Dr Deco :doctor:

Readers, please note the next class in Decompression Physiology :1book:
http://wrigley.usc.edu/hyperbaric/advdeco.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom