Shadow Divers movie info...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Sorry if this is a re-post...

‘Red’ Director Robert Schwentke Jumps Into Fox 2000’s ‘Shadow Divers’ – Deadline.com

EXCLUSIVE: Robert Schwentke, whose upcoming Helen Mirren-Bruce Willis-John Malkovich shoot-em-up Red got a big Comic-Con reaction, has taken the plunge on Shadow Divers, the Fox 2000 adaptation of the Robert Kurson book. It is one of a couple films Schwentke's circling, projects that include a new Simon Kinberg-scripted version of the Robert Ludlum thriller The Osterman Weekend at Summit Entertainment, where Schwentke made Red. It isn't clear yet what next picture his CAA agents will lock him into.

Last I'd written about Shadow Divers was several years ago, when Ridley Scott planned to direct a script by Cast Away's William Broyles. I'm told that Fox 2000 will tweak that script under Schwentke's supervision. Kurson's acclaimed book follows two wreck divers who uncover the hull of a German U-boat off the New Jersey coast in 1991. The divers became obsessed with discovering the truth behind the ship and the men who died inside it.
Schwentke has so far helmed The Time Traveler's Wife and Flightplan since moving from German cinema to Hollywood fare.

It just so happens that I'm about half-way through Shadow Divers right now, and commented to my wife this weekend that I'm surprised a movie hadn't been made from this book yet.

It's great to see it's in work.

I don't know. I don't think it will ever be a movie. Been waiting too long and nothing ever comes of it. Am I being too skeptical?

Charles Beaumont, Hollywood writer and wrote several Twilight Zone episodes, said writing for Hollywood is like climbing a mountain of cow flop just to get to the single rose at the top. Then, when you finally get to the rose, you realize that you've lost your sense of smell.

There's a point in there somewhere, I'll get back to you about that.

As with most real life to movie stories (or based on a true story), it will be so far fetched and made up that it will not be worth watching. And besides the book is always better than the movie anyways.

My daughter just read that book and it sounded like a good story. Sorry if I'm not "hip" enuf to dig the Tinseltown lingo, but are you saying Ridley Scott is making the movie or not? He made some really good movies. Kinda made a mess out of Electric Sheep but Blade Runner was still good and preserved the main point. Aliens was the spookiest monster movie I've ever seen. Anyway, I'd like to see it made by Scott.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom