Shadow Divers: John Chatterton's Interview with ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just want to say thank you to John for stopping by and giving us all these fascinating insights

... You know I'll have to read Shadow Divers now, don't you :wink: :D

I don't think they've even started production yet?

I think JC mentioned that it's on hold until the writer's strike is resolved....

I read both Shadow Divers and The Last Dive and really like both. I admire Chatterton, but I disagree with the concept of solo diving being safer.

While I'm not advocating solo diving for everybody, I have had to rescue others, I have never had to rescue myself.

When is the movie scheduled to come out? I can’t wait.

Hollywood moves in strange and mysterious ways. Most of which, I don't actually understand?? They were working on casting when the Writers Guild strike put the entire project on hold. They need writers to adjust the script for the actors. Now the strike is over, I can only hope that Fox gets things up and running again. Apparently, these things take time??

With regards to solo diving, it is only safer in extreme environments where all the advantages are removed (like zero viz where your buddy cannot help you in an emergency because he can't find you), and you are left only with the disadvantages (where a second person is helping to destroy the viz, and might even disturb the wreck to your disadvantage). As a rebreather diver, almost all of my diving is with a buddy because of the undisputed advantages.

cheers

JC

It was a pleasure meeting you this past weekend at OWU in Chicago. I can't seem to put the book down and I look forward to participating in this thread as I progress through the book.

Havent had a chance to wade through this whole thread yet, so apologies if this has been covered. I do have a bone to pick with John, and hope to get the answer that I am looking for here soon.

John, when can I expect an email that Dive Portal DVD 4 is being released? I hate to take the "entitlement" angle, but I think I have waited long enough, you know?

Thanks for all the dive realated media. All this dust up over Shadow Divers, I just dug the book out of my shelf to read on the plane to Bonaire (leaving Saturday!) I can't believe I haven't read it yet...

John - Off subject, but will you be at BTS in March? My buddy and I will treat you and yours at Scotties! Just let us know when you get in... I'm in Short Hills.
:D

I have the utmost respect for John, while I was just a 5 dive newbie, John took the time to listen to my stories and shared my enthusiasm for diving over a lunch a select few of us had in Minnesota one cold weekend a couple of years ago. Two autographed copies of Shadow Divers later and having read it twice, it is once again on my reading list. I just have to finish the book I'm currently reading because if I start reading SD before finishing the current one, I'll never finish what I'm reading now.

Back
Top Bottom