SHADOW DIVERS EXPOSED: The Real Saga of the U-869

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pilot fish:
What FACTS does Gentile have to dispute Kuron's book? You said "discoverers". Is Gentile, or you, claiming Chatertton was not the one that found out the identity of that U boat?

If you have a true interest in the facts, read Gary Gentile's Shadow Divers Exposed.:wink:

Footnoted and referenced. Factual not fictional.:wink:

If you want more substantive information posted on this thread, feel free to ask the moderator to repost my extensive quotes from Gary Gentile.:shakehead :rofl3:

:coffee:

I'll read Shadow Divers Exploited when I get a free copy, I wouldn't want to contribute a dime to GG.

None of your quotes provided any facts, simply allegations of what GG claimed to be the truth. And repeated requests for non-GG source references to back up those quotes were met with "keyboard bullying" and name calling.

Yes yes yes, you've brought up the Stoogies books over and over again, but then you absolutely dismiss Chatterton and Kohler despite their experience.

You also dismiss other first hand accounts that keep appearing on these boards challenging what you have accepted as absolute, the word of one bitter man, Gentile.

No axe to grind, geez the title alone is a direct attack.

Gentile is latching onto the broad success of SD the same way numerous books tried to make a few bucks of the comercial success of the Novel The DaVinci Code.

Again, is your subjectivity due to you just enjoying the troll like banter on SB or are you a shill for Gentile?

ReefHound:
I'll read Shadow Divers Exploited when I get a free copy, I wouldn't want to contribute a dime to GG.

None of your quotes provided any facts, simply allegations of what GG claimed to be the truth. And repeated requests for non-GG source references to back up those quotes were met with "keyboard bullying" and name calling.

The facts are presented in Shadow Divers Exposed, referenced and footnoted. The true researchers, discoverers, related military personnel, and participants are named and their actions described.

My extensive quotes from Shadow Divers Exposed were DELETED by moderator. You need to request they be reposted, if you are actually interested, or better yet just read the book!

Decide for yourself; don't get fooled by the Shadow Divers/Chatterton/Kohler/Kurson hype and falsehoods. When you understand the accurate series of events you may be as irritated as I am that Shadow Divers is listed in NON-FICTION.

:D

tonka97:
The facts are presented in Shadow Divers Exposed, referenced and footnoted. The true researchers, discoverers, related military personnel, and participants are named and their actions described.

My extensive quotes from Shadow Divers Exposed were DELETED by moderator. You need to request they be reposted, if you are actually interested, or better yet just read the book!

Decide for yourself; don't get fooled by the Shadow Divers/Chatterton/Kohler/Kurson hype and falsehoods. When you understand the accurate series of events you may be as irritated as I am that Shadow Divers is listed in NON-FICTION.

:D

I wonder if you'll last the month on Scubaboard with behaviour like this.............

Don't feed the troll....

There was a thread about this on thedecostop.com (registration required)

tonka97:

I didn't see anything in the above thread that made me completely discount Shadow Divers. I have not read the Exposed book, but I'm curious to know the facts. If you still have the content of your lost posts then please post at the other thread because I'd like to see the refs you are talking about.

Jamdiver:
I wonder if you'll last the month on Scubaboard with behaviour like this.............

The arch of the City College of San Francisco's Science Building is inscribed:

The Truth Shall Set You Free

Learn the truth about U-869; you will appreciate the contributions of Mark McKellar, Bill Nagle, Robert Coppock, the crews of the Howard D. Crow and the Koiner, Barbara Lander, Harold Moyers, John Yurga, Pat Rooney, Will McBeth, and others (sorry for omissions)

tonka97:

Learn the truth about U-869; you will appreciate the contributions of Mark McKellar, Bill Nagle, Robert Coppock, the crews of the Howard D. Crow and the Koiner, Barbara Lander, Harold Moyers, John Yurga, Pat Rooney, Will McBeth, and others (sorry for omissions)

You will also read Gary swearing a dock that actually collapsed was not decrepit Building inspector made sure of it. That Chatterton was some fourth rate flunky of Bill Nagle's, when in fact John was the driving force behind the Seeker's rise to what Nagle wanted her to be. And best of all you'll get to read how Gary says the Static charge from a chopper blade doesn't exist. Kurson blew the danger out of proportion by calling it an explosive discharge. Hey, maybe that is a little over the top, but in Exposed Gary went as far as saying in the thousands of helicopter drops he's done, it never happened. It doesn't exist! Now goolge static discharge. I might be misquoting the numbers but I believe most sites say the range is between 15k and200k volts. If you think Kurson's statement unbelievable go out and pull a spark plug wire off a running car engine (30-60k) and tell me that's nothing. The 200k range is the lower end of a Taser shock. You can google these facts also. Gary claims any inaccuracies in a testimony means the whole thing is TAINTED. You don't have to believe me read the book and google these facts. Or better yet take it from me, Gary has let his faithful readers down on this one. If this is where Gary is going with his writing and research he should retire. This volume is well below him.

tonka97:

Too bad after plunking down my money to read GG's book I still don't know the truth. My favorite part of the book is when he quotes himself. :D

SDE is an enjoybable read like SD. And it raises some good questions. But there are many obvious errors and he's as quilty of some of the same things he accuses SD's of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom