sex in the sand sucks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sommer71:
Hey all you wet people:)

I was thinking of going for my IDC in Thailand, but i keep reading disturbing things about the lifestyle of an instructor, is it a missarable lifestyle, or is it possible to make a living + a little easy life in betven?? i will be doing it with my girlf. and we will be going for DM + IDC on KOH TAO. Any info from people with experience on this, would mean the world, since we both are getting cold feet about the whole thing!! We wil both be dumping our jobs and every thing that ties us to HOME- since a couple of years of diving sounds really nice to us both.
Been diving in thailand before + in a lot of places in Indonesia and ofcourse in Europe.

BUT....PLZ....People (fellow divers) give us some responce!! THX.

Best regards

Peter:confused:
I was there for 10 days and supposedly did the best dives. I wasn`t impressed. The Adaman Sea side ( Phuket, Ko lak, and Ko Phi Phi ) were so much beter . Ko Tao IS paradise. So I don`t think it would be bad, maybe just a little mediocre diving. Kevin

Actually Koh Tao is in the Gulf of Thailand rather than the Indian Ocean. The southern islands and west coast are in the Andaman Sea, part of the Indian Ocean. I've dived both.

Dr. Bill

blah blah blah; Thailand is one of the safest places to visit,have you ever been in downtown MIAMI lately,lol!!! Peace

JustAddWater:
....oh, and don't drink meekong (a type of Thai whiskey) with the Thai military.

I’ve been to Koh Tao, man that is one hell of a trip from Virginia though I’m not sure where you would be leaving from. Koh Tao is a neat place. It’s quite touristy – a lot like Bangkok. Prices are a bit higher than that of mainland Thailand due to the tourists. I honestly don’t know how much work is available, but I’m guessing it wouldn’t pay much. There were several dive shops there though; most of them run by Europeans. While I enjoyed my week long stay, I don’t think I could live there for 2 years.

:06:
beir:
I’ve been to Koh Tao, Koh Tao is a neat place. It’s quite touristy – a lot like Bangkok.

I have been to Bangkok and Koh Tao many times...... Do not recall ANY similarities.

Many people go to Koh Tao for cheap Scuba Cert. Not for the great dive sites. On particular dive orp. there is the largest PADI cert center in Asia. It is also the only place I found that students allow to do group discussion and take "home" their exams!!! I do not recall PADI change policy to Open Book exams. Perhaps due to good business, PADI did not take any action to stop the operation.

So, if you want to save money, and get an easy open book group discussion type exams and finals on your dive education, go to Koh Tao Budha View dive resort. I was there for 2 weeks and was amaze........

Back
Top Bottom