Sewing neoprene & wetsuit repairs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanwu

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any place in Bangkok that can sew neoprene to neoprene as well as wetsuit repairs? I am wanting to attach a neoprene pocket to a neoprene suit.

The stitching needs to not completely go through the bottom layer of neoprene suit so as to not create any holes through the suit which allows water to flow into the suit from the outside.

all ican say is maybe go to a LDS and ask in there. i have used the dive supply shop near victory monument (easy to get to on sky train), they are very friendly and well informed. He will point u in the right direction if he cant help u. maybe an option.

To the OP: I wouldn't be overly concerned with the stitching going all the way thru. I assume you are using a wetsuit in thailand, the amount of water going thru the stitching holes will be negligible compared to the water that gets thru the zipper. Additionally, pockets factory installed on DUI drysuits are stitched all tha way thru the suit and then the seam is waterproofed using aquaseal.

I'll ask at my LDS tomorrow morning. I bought a wetsuit for my daughter, and had ankle zippers put in. They'll have an address for that kind of work.

That'd be appreciated Blox.

yeah Blox...that'd be very much appreciated!!

No luck - person who usually deals with that wasn't around. I'll try to find out by phone on Monday.

Received this link for Dave's Divers' Den but almost nothing works, it must eb a new site? The contact link works.

Received this link for Dave's Divers' Den but almost nothing works, it must eb a new site? The contact link works.

I can't say anything about these guys, because I don't know them. The site seems to be pretty new (domain registered July 2007), but the company apparently is not - on another site it's claimed that Dave's Divers' Den is the oldest sport and commercial diving company in Thailand.

Back
Top Bottom