severe headaches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I expect Blacknet to add to this but I was taught to sniff the air and taste the air. (I was taught this in Mexico....Amazing that :D)

When you sniff you are checking for anything that smells of oils or car exhaust.

Hopefully there is no taste to the air but i was told to check for metallic tastes, oily tastes, and to feel for numbness or tingling on the lips or tongues.

You can also ask to see the certificates of the air fill station or ask to see the compressor. There is a certain level of certification required but I don't know what it is.

Hope this helps.....

Thanks guys,

I was aware of the taste and smell issues but I never thought to check the certs. That is why I love this board I learn something new everyday.

Chad

A couple of years ago I would get terrible headaches after diving. The problem was in a constricting neck on a new hood! It was causing pressure on my carottid arteries! Modified the hood, end of headaches. Dive Safe, Joe R.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom