Setting up harness for Deep6 bp/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No. I ordered a couple weight pockets from another site. I am not sure how much weight I will need but with my current BC, 2.5 mil suit and AL80 I was using 8 lbs. I was hoping 6lbs or less would work for where I dive so I thought a couple small pockets would suffice.

I'm in the same boat - bought my first BP/W and brought it to the pool for the first time a couple weeks ago. It's been a bit of a pain to set up and make adjustments, but in the water I found it to be more comfortable, stable and have better natural trim than any jacket BC I've tried. Being able to drop >4 pounds with the SS plate was awesome, and there's a strange pride to diving something you put together yourself :)

Last edited:
For weights I'm planning to add a couple pockets to the cam bands and wear the rest on a belt. Still figuring out the best way to wear the weight belt though - it's most comfortable under the crotch strap but I find it's hard to ditch without everything getting tangled.

I just received my Deep 6 reg sets in long hose configuration and had the exact same feeling - what did I get myself into. I’m hoping Deep 6 can help me overcome my concerns and after the breaking in period, I will love it.

I'm in the same boat - bought my first BP/W and brought it to the pool for the first time a couple weeks ago. It's been a bit of a pain to set up and make adjustments, but in the water I found it to be more comfortable, stable and have better natural trim than any jacket BC I've tried. Being able to drop >4 pounds with the SS plate was awesome, and there's a strange pride to diving something you put together yourself :)

Right now I just have this strange uncomfortable feeling, like maybe it would've been simpler and easier to get just a back inflate travel bc or something.

Apart from the dgx link, this has a lot of useful info and clear guide how to setup
FKD - Single Regulator Configuration

Keep it clean and easy, two d rings on the chest, left and right one reach. One left waistband and two in crotch strap, no need for anything more etc..

Right now I just have this strange uncomfortable feeling, like maybe it would've been simpler and easier to get just a back inflate travel bc or something.
It can be a challenge but well worth the effort. Just consider it a learning experience and don’t get too discouraged. If you get stumped post a pick and someone will help.

I just got my first BPW from Deep 6 a week ago. Found a coupon code on here and got 35% off so couldn't resist. I read a lot and watched quite a few videos and I think I have got it set up pretty close. My main reason going this route is to try to get my luggage to carry-on only. I will know in 7 weeks how it works out.

Hi @Streydog, how did you get 35% off? That’s awesome

I just received my Deep 6 reg sets in long hose configuration and had the exact same feeling - what did I get myself into. I’m hoping Deep 6 can help me overcome my concerns and after the breaking in period, I will love it.

Hi @Dogbowl, what concerns do you have?
I bought a set but I will only get to them and five with them at the end of the month.
Curious.

Hi @Dogbowl, what concerns do you have?
I bought a set but I will only get to them and five with them at the end of the month.
Curious.

I’m sure it’s just a beginner’s “I don’t know what the h*ll I’m doing” thing. I took it out of the pretty box it came in, unwound the 84” primary hose I chose (I’m questioning this choice) and wound it around myself, then put the reg in my mouth and it felt heavy, heavy enough that it was falling out of my mouth. So I don’t know if I have a small mouth or I just need to change the mouthpiece to better fit me. I tried it different ways without biting too hard for fear of biting through the mouthpiece but it kept falling out. I was going to contact Deep 6 and ask them for their thoughts on how to remedy the situation but haven’t gotten around to it yet. So that’s what I meant.

This is my first set of regs ever and I have only used plastic rental regs in the past. I did not realize that good quality regs were this substantial in weight. I’m wondering if I should’ve just bought cheap plastic regs!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom