Setpoint value

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It seems most people I know use either 1.2 or 1.3 for high setpoint.

How do people decide what is the right setpoint, is that mostly a concern for longer deeper dives than MOD1 (and repeated dives)?

Usually I run 1.2 at bottom and 1.3 at deco for dives up to 3 hours. For longer dives I lower my bottom po2 to 1.0.

Usually I run 1.2 at bottom and 1.3 at deco for dives up to 3 hours. For longer dives I lower my bottom po2 to 1.0.
Sounds like good advice to me. Although I may get the PO2 up higher at deco, sometimes I switch to an OC 100% O2 bottle to complete the deco.

Sounds like good advice to me. Although I may get the PO2 up higher at deco, sometimes I switch to an OC 100% O2 bottle to complete the deco.

Same for me also. But like @Capt Jim Wyatt said I usually run a higher deco SP. I like 1.4 and then depending on the dive, CNS loading, how much deco I have ill do o2 flush at 6m and finish deco on around 1.5‘ish

But yes for longer 3+hr dives or deeper sub 120m I like to run 1.0 SP

I just based it on the dive time in a 24h period

Max time [hh:mm]-12h12h9h30m7h30m6h5h4h30m4h3h30m3h3h2h30m
pO2 set point [bar]0.40.50.60.70.80.91.01.11.21.31.41.51.6

When you run it at 1.3, do you just run it manually at 1.3 during deco with the setpoint at 1.2z

I just based it on the dive time in a 24h period
I note the correlation to the CNS max exposure. Do you maintain the same SP for deco, then?

I recently switched to 1.3.

During ascend, o2 flush at 6m, then run the highest possible setpoint until done.

Back
Top Bottom