Servicing an Atomic B-2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

downdeep

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am considering replacing my old Dacor Viper Tec with a B-2. I have rebuilt my Viper several times (which has saved a few dive trips for me in remote locations). How difficult is an Atomic to service? Of course, I will take an equipment class and have a LDS perform the biannuals but I want to be able to work on my stuff if the need arises.
Any special tools required?

I am doing this from memory as its been a couple of years since I rebuilt my own reg. Servicing Atomics reg is relatively straightforward. There are a couple of tools that if not absolutely required, sure make it less painful...

I don't know of any LDS that will teach you how to service the reg unless you are already a reg techniician for them....its both a liablity and a business issue.

Standard Disclaimer: Its ok to 'dabble' with certain things, but life support equipment isn't one of em.

Back
Top Bottom