Service for "Newer" SPs (SoCal vs ship)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@redt1de I hear you on starting fresh. If Tobin is recommend that guy locally, I probably would go there, if not shipping to Air Tech is going to give you basically guaranteed results.

@noj3333 the Deep6 abuse thread is an example of what happens when the HP seats start going. I have never heard of one bounce around between different IP's. What typically happens is they lock up, and then over time they take longer and longer to lock up and they start locking up higher. I.e. stays at 140, take a breath goes to 120, then back to 140, but slowly crawls up to 145. Then the crawling gets farther and faster. When that happens, it's take it in time

Sticking or seized adj knobs suggests salt build up on the threads. A good long soak will prevent that problem. I expect your regs have another 100+ dives left before they will need service. I suggest you get an IP gauge and use the saved $$$ to buy a spare regulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know SoCal shops, however if I were in your shoes and were going to ship it anywhere I would ship it back to my old LDS. If servicing locally I'd take kevrumbo's advice.

My personal take on this is that you have a lot of dives left before you need service. At the top of the reg section is a stickey with couv's tips on taking care of your reg and how to tell when it needs service. Also it is the first step on your way to servicing yourself.

Bob

Jocko at Dive 'n Surf in Redondo Beach is a tech that will do like your old tech. He's crotchety, though, so if you go, go with thick skin.

I don't think Scubatoys services Sciubapro.

Closer to you, Robert teaches the HOG reg repair classes at Scuba Show so if he knows as much about Scubapro he'd be an option. They're an Authorized Dealer.

Scubatude

What is Valencia - 90 mins. with no traffic? - like that ever happens on the 5..lol

I'd check in with Scubatoys in Dallas, TX. They were Scubapro dealers up until the fairly recent past, so most likely they can still do service for Scubapro gear.

Malibu Dive repair is where most of my buddies and I send our regs. 1 week or less turnaround. Some drop them off in person, others just UPS them in a flat rate box, which is cheap.

Problem: Our stuff needs an overhaul (pushing 18 months and 50+ dives)

I fully agree with others to get an IP gauge.

There seems to be confusion over service intervals for SP gear. This SP website (http://www.scubapro.com/en-US/USA/product-support.aspx?subject=care&nodeID=2332) says "every 100 dives, or 24 months" in three places. On the same pages they say "It is recommended that your SCUBAPRO regulator be serviced once a year by your Authorized SCUBAPRO Dealer."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom