Service Centers in Tampa and Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is Orlando Scuba Center open? I stopped by a couple times in October and November, but they were always closed, even when the sign said they should open.

gle:
Is Orlando Scuba Center open? I stopped by a couple times in October and November, but they were always closed, even when the sign said they should open.
If you mean the one on 436 - yeh i found the same thing. If you mean the satellite shop on 50, they were open, but not getting much business, not sure if they are still there. Now when i did go in to Orlando Scuba Center i was somewhat taken a back - not in a good way, that is all i will say. The couple who ran the one on 50 seemed nice, but they werent going anywhere.

I have been in OSC a few times, Dave seems very knowledgable, I havent had any gear serviced there yet.

I understand Extasea used to take care of all of Sea Worlds gear before SW was sponsored by Scubapro. But I can not confirm or deny that, I am only passing on what I have heard on more then one occasion.

ExtaSea is on Kirkman just north of Universal. in the strip mall as soon as you pass over the turnpike on the left. There is a Bank of America across the street. Hey Sylvester still haven't heard of any service clinics yet.
I can service your regs both Zeagle (factory trained tech) and Aqualung regs including Apeks (again factory trained)and I am between Orlando and Tampa. I also do Sherwood/Genesis and Atomics

gle:
I am looking to buy my first set of regs soon. Right now I am considering regulators made by Zeagle, AquaLung, Apeks, and Atomic.

Hey GLE,
I run the Scuba World in Oviedo. We service Aqualung, Apeks, and Atomic, among others. I am not a dealer of Zeagle, but have serviced enough of their gear. Come on by for a visit and take a look around.

Brian

gle:
I am looking to buy my first set of regs soon. Right now I am considering regulators made by Zeagle, AquaLung, Apeks, and Atomic. I have been looking at a lot of factors. Much information regarding performance can be gained by reading reviews and trying the equipment. But I have been less successful finding useful information on servicing. While I understand the basics of how a reg works, and have even been to a manufacturers workshop to learn how to service their regs, I know I will be using professional technicians to service my gear. This is in part due to a lack of trust in myself. But more so due to warranties that require factory authorized shop techs to perform the work.

This brings me to the question. Where can I find good techs in Orlando and/or Tampa? I stress GOOD techs. Like I said, I have been to a factory workshop, and I have the little certificate that makes me a certified service monkey. So I know how little is required for a tech at some shops to work on my gear. I don't want some guy just throwing in a parts kit and slapping the thing back together, I can do that.

Also, the service interval on the 4 brands I listed is 1 year, except for Atomic which is 2 years. Do you find this to be the case in practice. I will probably average 100-200 dives per year.

Oh yeah, one slight hitch. There is a small chance I may be moving to Hawaii come this fall. If I knew I would be in Florida for the next 5-10 years I would say Zeagle for service hands down. Worst case scenario is a short drive to the factory in Zephyrhills. I will be posting a similar thread about service centers in the Hawaii forum, but any comments about general serviceability outside of Florida would be welcome. Mostly though, I am looking for names of good techs I can use in Orlando and Tampa.

Thanks for your advice. I know I am asking a lot, but this is my life support equipment. It needs to be there for me underwater, and I need to be there for it above.

GOsh I know what you mean! The last time I had my zeagle serviced in Lakeland the st left a part out!

I'm an instructor working out of Kissimmee Pro Dive in (duh) Kissimmee. They have at least two factory trained technicians working there. The senior tech, Ron, has been repairing equipment since two hose regs and "J" valves were in vogue. They are pretty anal when it comes to adhering to specifications and I've seen them fixing everything from Posidion to Voit. Finally, they are an authorized SCUBAPRO/US DIVERS/ATOMICS dealership. May want to swing by (near the intersection of 192 and OBT) and scope them out.

Lee

ZenDiver:
Hey GLE,
I run the Scuba World in Oviedo. We service Aqualung, Apeks, and Atomic, among others. I am not a dealer of Zeagle, but have serviced enough of their gear. Come on by for a visit and take a look around.

Brian

I would recommend talking to Brian in Oviedo - GREAT clean shop, meticulous and professional. Even if he can't help you, he'll steer you in the right direction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom