Service B1 Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BPaith

Registered
Reaction score
I recently received a B1 regulator. I washed it off in some tap water, and when I picked it up, the entire purge cover just crushed. I would be interested to know if Atomic can look at my regulator and tell me if they can salvage it, or if its even worth salvaging? How do I go about doing this?

reg_zps30359dba.jpg

It looks like you will need to replace the cover face plate, which is available from your local dive shop. Also, remember about Atomic's seat saving orifice design. Always wash your regulators, while pressurized, otherwise water may enter the second stage and back into the first stage. Atomic can service your regulator, if you do not have any shops in your vicinity.

This seems to be a problem with B1 SS covers. It happened to me also. The cover just fell apart. The other problem is the knob on the SS adjustment. The "lighter" part also falls apart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom