Serial number identification T1, T1x, T2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hailee Morgan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I've come across an older atomic Titanium regulator with serial number beo128. Does anyone know when the cutoff was for each of the titanium regulators?

Is it just a 1st stage because the 2nd cover should have it printed on it. Assuming that wasn't later changed.

I think there was also a T2x but I'm not positive.

Call Atomic, they're pretty helpful. Ask for Darcy if she's still there - IDK who is since the Huish buy-out.

Since you're likely to have it serviced, ask them about an upgrade - it's not cheap but I think you'll wind up with T2 internals - maybe even T3.

The 2nd stage is just an octo with the ti2 on it. I believe the innards are the same as any other 2nd stage just tuned to prevent free flows.

I called the atomic number and got a huish operator who could not help me identify it. They told me to talk with sales.

The 2nd stage is just an octo with the ti2 on it. I believe the innards are the same as any other 2nd stage just tuned to prevent free flows.

I called the atomic number and got a huish operator who could not help me identify it. They told me to talk with sales.
Email Atomic (Huish) Support. I picked up and old ti2 second stage and a B2 first stage a couple years ago. Sent pictures of the numbers to Atomic and they replied with all the information. They also sent me the list of required parts need to upgrade the ti2 so I could give it to the shop I had rebuild it. I will try to find the info and repost it for you.

Too be honest all the serial number is going to tell you is what the original configuration was and when it was built. For instance, the T1x had the original stainless steel sharp piston, by now it could have the stainless steel jet seat piston. Whereas for both Air/Nitrox usage you want the monel piston. AA swaps out a bunch of other parts to make it compatible like the swivel retainer and HP seat retainer. FWIW I have rebuilt / updated multiple Tx1 regs to make them travel regs. The T1x has the right amount of bing without making them too ostentatious.

Of course my first question is, are you sure you have Ti reg? The Ti2 second stage was put on both a Ti and brass first stage. You can send a SB message to Ryan: Atomic Aquatics

Ti2 came with B1 brass 1st stages as well.

I can tell the 1st stage is definitely titanium. Also, the ti2 is the same as any other 2nd stage just with a different cover? I plan on taking it in to my lds and ask them how much to upgrade if it is a t1, t1x. I dive nitrox frequently and didn't want to have a dedicated reg.

The second stages of that generation are the same except expect for the inlet tube (Ti vs zirconium on the Z series) and on the orifice (Ti vs stainless on the M1).

If you want to use it for both air/Nitrox put in a monel piton and a stainless swivel retainer and environmentally seal it. That is sufficient any more is more of CYA. As for the second stage nothing needs to be done - everything is cosmetic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom