Sep. 27 Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
stout_moray.jpg

boxfish.jpg

octopus.jpg

galactic.jpg

The Box fish made me smile :) Not that the others are any less cool, we just all have our favorite subjects.

Jim,

Just keep them coming.

Of course I love them all, but the box fish brings back sweet memories.

In what habitat are galactic scorpionfish found?

Oh, that makes sense. Then I see them frequently but not like in the photo. They are too far in there to see all the detail. And when I try to coax them out, they hunker down more.

How in the world did you get this?

Oh, that makes sense. Then I see them frequently but not like in the photo. They are too far in there to see all the detail. And when I try to coax them out, they hunker down more.

How in the world did you get this?

First get the camera settings ready. Gotta use the on board strobe for them cause they are too hard to get to with an external strobe. I used my Inon UCL-330 lens on this shot. Sneak up and get off one shot before they go deeper into the coral. For some unknown reason this one didn't move even after my taking five shots of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom