send me sand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am collecting sands. I subscribed to the divers forum, because I thought divers are a good source for sand. They have a close relation to the sea and sand and they know the best beaches. If you are going to your next diving trip, please think of me and send me a cup of sand. I will certainly refund the postage costs (and maybe a little more).
I am working in a mineralogical museum and planning an exhibition about sand and its varieties. So every sand is welcome.
Please send your sand labelled with the place of provenance to

Martin Wachsmann
Ludwig-Maximilians-University
Department of Geosciences
Theresienstr. 41/III
80333 Munich
Germany

Thank you in anticipation

Martin

You need to come over to Tampa Intl airport one Sunday with me....every single one of the thousands of cruise ship passengers, plus the Florida tourists, who fly out home have bags, bottles and jars of sand from every Florida and Caribbean beach.

Prohibited to take sand? Is there sand police there? Do they do full body cavity searches before you leave said beach? lol. I mean..what if you have some sand stuck between your toes, or on your fins (god rinse it off!) or something!

Sanditation Engineers. I realise that puns like this are abrasive, and I hope that it didn't make y'all grit your teeth. No the museum is not called an in-sand asylum. Well, I have done my dirt, and it's time to dust this burg.

Pete
It's a good thing I like you, 'cause that was a real groaner!

If it doesn't have to be ocean-beach sand, I can send you some red sand and pink rocks from Sedona.

the sand was created by glaciers that ground up the rocks. The beach by our house has miles and miles of beach sand, but we have fresh water not sea water.
I have collected a small amount of sand myself from diving areas around the world and it goes in my aquarium. I have sand from Cayman, Bonaire, Turks and Caicos.

I'm not sand bagging you
:boom:
Caymaniac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom