Semidry and buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alphonsis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After reading about the experiences people have had with semidrys and their ability to keep the water out, I was left wondering how that affects buoyancy.

If the seals are so good, that people have to purposely crack their wrist seals to let the air out, it would seem that it would be difficult to achieve neutral buoyancy.

The air will be forced out due to water pressure. Sometimes I manage to trap a bubble so when I first get in I move around to check. If I can work it to the arm then it comes out the wrist seal.

After reading about the experiences people have had with semidrys and their ability to keep the water out, I was left wondering how that affects buoyancy.

Not nearly enough trapped air to effect buoyancy. We are talking ounces not pounds.

I use a thermos of warm water when I don the suit. Pinnacle Polar Merino has damn good seals so the water stays in. Never had an air issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom