Semi-dry??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711

You're right . .the only semi dries I saw abroad were one piece . . basically what people wear here is a two piece wetsuit with seals on the wrists, ankles and a built in hood that seals on your face.

I don't know how much water goes up the join, you can get 'bermuda' style ones which go down the thigh like shorts and that would be a better fit. But really they're just wet suits, you're right. I wonder why there aren't more of the one piece semi dries here. . . .I've never seen one.

I dive 99% in Monterey and am looking to buy a full suit. I don't want a drysuit,, and I don't want to spend $$$ on a two-piece. I get hot in a 7mm two piece.
I've seen oneill's Avalon, and J-type. The J-type may be too warm for me due to the extra vest.
I've been looking into the Henderson 7/5 Gold core hyperstretch as well.
Now I saw an ad for the bodyglove Storm Trooper 6/5/4.
Any info out there?
Your advice/experience is GREATLY appreciated!!!

I dive a BARE Extreme, which is an older model of the same suit. IMHO, it's one of the best cold water wetsuits you can get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom