Semi Dry Wetsuit - Stop Cuff's from gluing themselves together?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheTrickster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm now on the 4th Scubapro Nova Scotia SemiDry - love em!

Alas every year I have the same problem. The dual cuffs on both the wrists and the ankles stick themselves together. Maybe I'm not cleaning/washing it properly - but it always happens.

Any ideas? I've just got their semidry boots and they have the same dual cuff material too and don't want these sticking themselves together either!

Thanks

Armor All

Talc the smooth portion of the seals once they are dry - it will absorb any contaminants, keep them from sticking together and make it easier to don the suit. You can get dry suit talc in little bags that you can just pat on the seals - like the "squirrels" used in old school drafting.

Fold them open while drying, then add talc and store.

Talc the smooth portion of the seals once they are dry - it will absorb any contaminants, keep them from sticking together and make it easier to don the suit. You can get dry suit talc in little bags that you can just pat on the seals - like the "squirrels" used in old school drafting.
I second the talc

Thanks to all.

I now wash it properly, peel the cuffs apart, dry and talc. All is good.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom