Semi-dry Suit for Puget Sound Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbliesath:
It's basically a 5 mil vest with a 7 mil jumpsuit? I've been reading about the Pinnacle Extreme 8/6, and it's supposed to be really warm. In fact, too warm for quarry diving in the summer. I've been looking into a semi-dry, possibly a Polar or Arctic. I talked to a guy in Jersey that has dove an Extreme and he had no problem on Atlantic wreck dives, staying toasty. Ssince I can't afford a drysuit and there doesn't seem to be enough fat guys selling them....

I didn't read far enough down on the thread before my post :D I think I'm the Jersey guy Jack is refering to. I should add when looking for dry suit I discovered I need a custom suit so the e-bay/used isn't an option for me.

"fat guys" Jack? :10:

Also second the dry suit, at depth your wet suit compresses, lets in more water and you get cold - period. Don't care how thick it is, at 100 feet it is 1/4 the thickness you started with (roughly) and doesn't fit as well. The semi dry has to help, but in 40 degree water you will be cold in a wetsuit and a basic dry suit is not a lot more than the semi dry. Been there, done that, not doing it again. Down to 60 feet no problem you can stay warmish in a wet suit beyond that don't plan to stay too long:D

Well I think that does it for me ... I've only dove borrowed and rented dry, I think I'll just spend some of my bonus money on Dry this time. Same shop was pitching a thousand dollar Diving Concepts ... any experience with this dry suit?

DiverBuoy:
Well I think that does it for me ... I've only dove borrowed and rented dry, I think I'll just spend some of my bonus money on Dry this time. Same shop was pitching a thousand dollar Diving Concepts ... any experience with this dry suit?

My DC ultraflexpro has stood up pretty well. 2 years and over 150 dives later its down at KME getting a new neckseal and wrist seals (they wear out), but I've only had two minor leaks in the rest of the suit that were easily patched with a little aquaseal. I think they go for more like $1600 though.

Back
Top Bottom