Question Semi dry suit Apeks any reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that this one?

Is that this one?

That's the one.

For people who bought it, could you comment on the size chart and the size you ordered?

I'm on the boundries of M and ML and I'm thinking which size should I "sacrifice" (height, waist or hip)

Looks the same as the Hollis/Bare/Aqualung version.
Fanstastic suit, I have a Hollis and a Bare version. They last a long time and are very warm.

That's the one.

For people who bought it, could you comment on the size chart and the size you ordered?

I'm on the boundries of M and ML and I'm thinking which size should I "sacrifice" (height, waist or hip)
I know this is a old post, but I'm new to the forums. I seen this post about the Apeks Thermiq. Well it's a beauty for my Indiana diving needs. I went with the ML and that gives me room for lavacore undergraments. And ive still got really good range of motion.The lakes and ponds around me back in Dec was 43 degrees and after 30min my body was totally comfortable.
So far it's been worth the purchase. But yes it will have it's limitations compared to dry suits.

Apeks semi dry suit
So far I can't give you a bad review of this wetsuit. I went from a 2mm O'Neil to this monster 8/7mm of a suit.
As a OW diver up here in Northeast Indiana I figured the semi dry would be ideal. Perhaps it's just me being pretty fresh to diving but the suit is buoyant. I currently have a old US Divers Sonic 2 BCD which it has hardly any weight pouches, but I am still able to put on 26 extra pounds of weight to counter the 1500psi lift that happens at 35ft.
This thing also kept me warm in 36 degree pond water last winter. Seems like it's about 30-40min into the dive when you start to feel the cold coming in, but by that time you warmed your body temp up to were the cool water coming in is refreshing.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_9595.jpg
    IMG_9595.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 85
I’ll say that my experience with the suit has been mixed. I initially bought a ML as it was the closest size to me, according to the sizing chart. After only a few dives, the zipper on the suit broke, but to Apeks credit, they replaced the entire suit. It took about a month to get a new one in, and I then swapped the new suit out with a large which, while much larger than I need around the waist, overall fits better.

I have been happy with the suit so far, but I also wouldn’t really consider this a semi dry. While there is much less flushing of water compared to a normal wetsuit, I still get just as wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom