Question Semi dry suit Apeks any reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have never seen this one in person. being a seem sealed 8/7mm with a fleece lining it should be usable in many conditions.
we sell these type of suits to divers where i live in canada and they all seem to be happy with them. (bare and hollis)
semi driy suits are a great alternative between a wet suit and dry suit. many divers can dive very cold waters in these without the cost of going dry.
i like that it comes with pockets and a matt.
i did find it odd they describe the front zip as a "semi dry" zip. not sure why they would not be using the same zip as a dry suit. it does use a YKK zip i believe, which is good.
this one has an attached hood which helps with warmth but i know scuba pro used to make one with a detached hood if you were interested in that instead.

Apeks are nice though the price is high IMO.having said that wetsuits are all about fit. A suit is worthless if it's a poor fit. You have to try them on. I find semi dry suits a bit restrictive in the head/neck and not much warmer than a well fitting backzip/hooded vest but that just my opinion.

I love mine. Have been using it for about a year and diving everything from heated pool for training to lakes dipping to 6°C (42°F). I have pretty wide shoulders and the other semi dry suits were too tight and restricted my range of motion. The Apeks is butter smooth and provides excellent range of motion. I couldn't be happier with it.

Back
Top Bottom