Semi-Dry Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevo88

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Everyone. So, I've been doing some reading and trying to figure out how I'm going to stay warm diving locally. I'm just south of Chicago, so most of my diving is going to be in quarries and Lake Michigan. I'd love to spring for a dry suit, but money constraints means it's not in the cards right now. With that said, I'm looking at a semi-dry suit to hold me over for a couple of years. What do you guys recommend? It seems like there's lots of options but not a whole lot of reviews. The Hollis NeoTek seems popular, minus the donning and doffing. Has anyone tried the Bare Velocity? LeisurePro is selling the older models for a pretty good price.

I'd appreciate any opinions on the subject. Brands, accessories, layering, and anything I didn't think of.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation Marie! It's a bit past my budget, but I can always look to see if DRIS has a used one floating around.

They probably don't. However, check eBay and the Scuba Swap & Shop group on FB. I've seen it both places.

I have a neotek and cant say a bad thing about it. Keeps me comfortable down into the low 50's. And it has pockets. I have not had any issues donning or doffing the suit, I find it easier to get in and out of then my old 7mm farmer john. You can try going to LeisurePro and add the item to your wishlist. 9 times out of 10 they will email you an offer to buy it at a discounted price.

Do you wear any other layers underneath? So far I've heard good things on the neotek.

No, I just wear swim trunks underneath. Nothing too baggy that it will bunch up while diving. The sizing is pretty accurate as well I'm 6ft 215lbs and a 2XL fits perfectly

Awesome. I'm looking at the size chart now and running in between a couple of sizes. Good thing Leisure pro has a fit guarantee.

Awesome. I'm looking at the size chart now and running in between a couple of sizes. Good thing Leisure pro has a fit guarantee.

go to @Dive Right In Scuba 2 and try some on. No one better to guide you than the guys that do this day in and day out in your local area....

That's a good idea. I haven't been in their shop yet. I'll have to check their hours and try to make it over this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom