Solved: Selling in classifieds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

90to90

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I'm a new(ish) member and am more of a lurker than a poster. I would like to sell something in the classifieds forum, but it says I have insufficient privileges to do so. How do I gain these privileges?

There have been problems with sales where new users, or users with no history, have stolen money from our users.

How to gain privileges? Be an active member of ScubaBoard and establish a history.

There have been problems with sales where new users, or users with no history, have stolen money from our users.

How to gain privileges? Be an active member of ScubaBoard and establish a history.
Thanks, but how do we be more active? Just respond to discussions?

SB is a good place to sell if you are willing to ship. But as people have stated, if you aren't known in some capacity, you cannot expect to be trusted.

Providing ebay credentials should help. I remember my first sale here they asked for that. While I've long abandoned ebay, I do have a history back to 1998. The first item I bought was a Bronica S2A medium format camera for $550. I sent a personal check, and the seller shipped it prior to it clearing.

The level of trust and basic decency is long gone.

Hello,

I'm a new(ish) member and am more of a lurker than a poster. I would like to sell something in the classifieds forum, but it says I have insufficient privileges to do so. How do I gain these privileges?
I’m in the same boat! I’m trying to engage where possible without being a nuisance to the board and to established users. I come with my (limited) experience but am here to learn.

I’m in the same boat! I’m trying to engage where possible without being a nuisance to the board and to established users. I come with my (limited) experience but am here to learn.
Any conversation that isn't just plain aggressive won't be a nuisance... hell, they even tolerate me! Join in the discussions..... even limited experience may be different experiences and we all can learn from that.

Respectfully,

James

don't hesitate to ask pointed questions about things you'd like to learn more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom