Selecting a deco diving computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have the nitek He.. for mix diving. honestly at this level your eyes will be glued to your run time schedule and bottom timer.... I just back it up with the Nitek He.....

The only alarms that go off when I do mix diving is my bank account :)

Dive safe..

As has already been said at this level you really shouldn't need alarms and graphs. Your dives should be planed and you should be diving those plans.

As for as a true deco computer plain easiy to read display with and simple interface is what I want. I have been using a Shearwater and really like it. Very easier to use. Very easy to read. All the info I really need to right there, no pushing buttons to change the display to see important info. Easy gas switching, I can add a gas underwater if I need to very easy.

The only alarms that go off when I do mix diving is my bank account

Ain't THAT the truth!

I think that the reaction presented here is a good representation of how divers operate.

Recreational divers may find themselves in certain situations that the alarms maybe considered important. Too fast of rise, low gas, depth limit exposure and so on.

Technical divers have planned their dives from a gas perspective, MOD perspective, computer run deco tables and have built in parameters that they expect to work within.

Most dive computers for the recreational crowd can have basic alarms that can be switched off. More dire issues will not allow to be locked out via insurance of the manufacture or the manufacture themselves.

Recently, there has been a change for technical divers in the elite or very high end computers. I noticed this with Shearwater were it tries to assist the diver in a logical progress to the surface plus have many options for the diver can change. There is also there is talk of an open source computer out of Germany. These units are more selective towards what is important to the diver.

Andrew

i am new to the board but dive deep and cold mi waters with 2 vr3s and still plan my dive i find other divers by there beeping computers and it can realy distract my dive wondering why is this diver beeping

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom