Seeking Toronto dive partners (and... diving this Sunday?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freename

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was / am hoping to get in at least 2 dives a week this summer, but find myself hitting the problem of not knowing people to dive with. I joined the Mississauga Scuba Club with the hope that I'd meet people or be able to somehow be connected with other divers... but as of yet, haven't had any luck with that route. Just showing up places with a rented tank seems too unpredictable for me. I've signed up for various courses to get some dives in but... that's an awfully expensive route to take. I've also signed up for some random dive trips too, but they're too infrequent. SO... is there anyone in Toronto (/GTA) who would be interested in a dive partner? Even for just simple shore dives to practice skills?

My ideal day is Sundays. Actually, I would love to go diving on the 21st if I could.

---------- Post added June 18th, 2015 at 01:29 PM ----------

Aha... I just saw one potential route in another thread... Toronto Area Underwater Explorers on Facebook... other suggestions?

TAUE is a great resource. There are a bunch of regulars who dive Humber Bay pretty much every weekend. Go to TAUE, join up then post when you want to dive...someone will be there too :) I am helping my son move this weekend but I (and my dive partners) would be happy to show you around.

I'm in Kitchener but plan on diving Wiarton and tobemory a lot this summer, feel free to msg if you wanna dive

I get out a little. you are welcome to join in. I have a full boat out this weekend so can not fit you on.

some dive dates you might like to join in on are;
Wednesday July 1 St Clair River Point Edward
July 11-12 St Lawrence River- Ivy Lee Campground
July 19 Location TBD
August 1,2,3 St Lawrence River Charter with 1000 Island Pleasure diving. Currently still space on the boat.
August 15-16 Location TBD

If you want any details regarding these dates let me know.

Back
Top Bottom