Seeking recommendations for a dive operation on Oahu for a visitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KatyD

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Oahu divers, I am visiting your beautiful island in a week's time and staying for two weeks. It is a family trip but amazingly my parents have offered to babysit my little boy for a day or two so I can get some diving in! So I want to pick a great operator who can make my little bit of underwater time really count. I am a Canadian Great Lakes diver with 200-odd dives, Rescue cert, want to do something good on a boat where I will be likely to find a good buddy so an op that caters to experienced divers and/or locals would be a plus. Am looking for one that has well-serviced, reliable rental gear as I won't be bringing my gear over.

Also what temps can I expect this time of year, and is there any risk of encountering jellyfish?

Thanks in advance :) Katy

Check out Gabe at Kaimana divers, which will definitely fill your requirements. Temps are around mid to high 70s, depending on depth, currents, and site. Jellyfish are around--someone on our Sunday a.m. boat took one to the face during their Saturday night dive--but quite rare.

I will give another recomendation for Gabe at Kaimana. Before I moved to hawaii, i dove with him every trip down here, and now I dive with him exclusivly. My number is 808-343-6894 if you have specific questions.
Myles

Thanks, guys :) two recommendations works for me - will definitely be in touch with Gabe! :) Myles, maybe we'll end up the same boat lol.

Thanks, guys :) two recommendations works for me - will definitely be in touch with Gabe! :) Myles, maybe we'll end up the same boat lol.

Thanks for posting this question Katy, I'll be in Oahu in a few weeks and was looking for some recommendations too. Gabe seems to be the guy, let me know how your dives go!

I also got the recommendation for Kaimana here, and had an awesome time with them on my trip last month! Thanks, Gabe (and Scubaboard)!

Hi Gabe:

I will send you an e-mail soon. I will be in Waikiki Beach on Monday, willing, able, and very eager to go diving on Th, F and Sat (March 21-23), leaving back for LAX on a Sunday evening 9:30 pm flight.
Looking forward to it, except that I do not want to hear about the 62-51 score from last year!

What are water temps at depth these days?

Best,
Selo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom