Seeking local groups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cew111

Reaction score
still searching for jacksonville beach and surrounding area divers to dive and socialize.used to dive virtually every weekend up north,every lake ,river,quary,pond available with several big trips a year.moved to florida and manage only a few dives a year,explain this to me!

Ummmmm, diving up north is better than diving in Florida? :eyebrow:

Welcome to the board! There's a pretty big Florida contingent here, big enough to have their state broken into smaller groups! Check out the Florida Conch Divers here on the board and you'll have a bunch of new buddies in no time!
Ber :lilbunny:

Welcome to the 'Board! Here's a link to the forum Ber mentioned. I can't help you much with Jacksonville. I know there are divers that live there, but most of the ones I know head my way on a regular basis to dive. If you ever feel like taking a road trip, let me know. I'm only about 3.5 hours from you and there's quite a bit of diving around my area.

WELCOME TO :sblogo:
I am just a bit North of you here in Savannah and am always looking for dive buddies! I head to the springs and also down the coast to Jupiter etc. Just PM me and I will happy to get with you for some diving. I haven't had the pleasure of getting offshore there in JAX, weather has not cooperated, but would love to give it another try!

Happy diving!
Carolyn:sharks:

thanks to all, i'm not saying diving up north is better,just did more of it.belonged to a club sponsored by a shop that was run out of a couples house.small shop,but everyone became family.had something going on every weekend.even if it wasn't diving.shops here seem more interested in.."hurry up and buy something or leave". i went to the most prominent shop here in jacksonville beach a while back to ask about dive clubs in the area,or if they knew of any place divers hung out and the owner asked if i was interested in purchasing anything and when i said no he walked off.

I'm just razzing ya :D I LIKE diving up north, no hurricanes, no alligators, no sharks, no jellyfish no wilting humidity.... ok, sometimes we have wilting humidity
Ber :lilbunny:

thanks to all, i'm not saying diving up north is better,just did more of it.belonged to a club sponsored by a shop that was run out of a couples house.small shop,but everyone became family.had something going on every weekend.even if it wasn't diving.shops here seem more interested in.."hurry up and buy something or leave". i went to the most prominent shop here in jacksonville beach a while back to ask about dive clubs in the area,or if they knew of any place divers hung out and the owner asked if i was interested in purchasing anything and when i said no he walked off.

I was just diving offshore Jax last Sunday (June 1st). Jellies were plentiful. A 6' hammerhead circled the boat for a couple of minutes. Vis was alright. Dove a couple of wrecks in the 70' - 75' range. Mostly spearfishers out but there were 3 of us who weren't.

Saw a couple of rays, one of which started playing with us. He had a posse with him. He swam up to me within 2 feet of my face and veered off. I was about 3 - 5' off the bottom. I was so excited I forgot to switch out of macro mode on my camera. So I got a great picture of his eyeball and vent.

A group of us meet once a month to either set up some diving or talk about it at least. Just keep an eye on the Florida Conchs group for info or posts about dives. I missed the last meeting because of an emergency but we had 10 or so turn up for the one before it.

Just post up if you want to dive on a given day/weekend and I'm sure someone will see it and respond.

Back
Top Bottom