seeking bdy 4 Day Dives at Travis 5/13- 15'm '

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pottflan

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'll be in Austin for a week while on a working US tour. I've been wanting to get a chance to dive while traveling so I hope to go to Travis. A person at the dive shop recommended ScubaBoard posting.

I don't have gear with me so I'll rent from a nearby shop. I'm an experienced sports diver with just under 500 dives.

Maybe you'll want to do a day dive (morning is best) from Wed. 5/13 through Fri. the 16th? I'll be staying in downtown Austin. Thanks.

Jeff P.

I'll be in San Antone for that week as well. I'm game for a dive at Lake Travis on Wednesday morning. I don't know what area specifically because I don't know the lake, but hey, it's water and I'm good. I'll leave it to the local experts to point out some good dive sites.

I am open Wednesday afternoon and maybe could arrange Thursday, I would love to burn a tank.

Well... Perch (sunfish) bass, catfish, carp and crappie depending where you dive but you do not always see them. I have not been in the lake yet this year but I have seen reports that make me believe the water temp is 72ish at the surface and 68ish below say 50' with a vis of 5 to 15ft.

Well... Perch (sunfish) bass, catfish, carp and crappie depending where you dive but you do not always see them. I have not been in the lake yet this year but I have seen reports that make me believe the water temp is 72ish at the surface and 68ish below say 50' with a vis of 5 to 15ft.

That's right.

I dove at windy point a few weeks ago at the DUI drysuit demo, and according to my computer the temps for the dives I did were 60 to 62. It has warmed some since then, which is nice.

Check this URL for current conditions out there: Current LTTS Weather Readings (bottom of page has water temps)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom