Suggestion Seeing thread start dates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
rab

rab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
NetDoc,
It was neat to see the look of the site changing today practically between each page!

However, I was wondering if it would be possible to see the start date for a thread in the list similar to the way you can see the date/time of the last post?

It's amazing how old some of the threads that get revived are!

Alternatively, (and more complicated of course) could the open/bulging envelope icon be extended to show the age or the post frequency of the thread. Perhaps by coloring?

-Rob

The quickest way to view a threads start date is to click on page 1 or "first" in a long thread and look at the bar at the very top of the first post. In the case of this thread it says "Today, 09:33 PM" but after a few days it will switch to a fully formated date; the date at which the first post was made and the thread was started. I will try and see if I can modify the templates to post the start date in another location but since each post is actually independant linked only by a database ID key it is unlikely we can do this with templates alone.

Thank you for your continued use and support of ScubaBoard!

I can't count how many times I've thought that this would be useful to have on the main page, like Rab said, right next to the 'most recent post' area. I'm trying to think of the times i've thought this and why that would be helpful, and am blanking (other than to tell if a thread has been "brought back to life" or really is new, there have been other times I've thought it would be useful, too, but like I said, I can't think of them now), but I do know that this has been something I've thought of before and don't think it would be too hard to do. I've just been too lazy to request it - thanks for taking the first step, Rab!

Tech Admin:
The quickest way to view a threads start date is to click on page 1 or "first" in a long thread and look at the bar at the very top of the first post. QUOTE]

Said the man with the high speed connection. If possible, it would really help those of use who occasionally have to use the 56k modem and get that blazzzzzzzzzzzzing 28.8k connection. I am much more considerate of what threads I oppen from home versus my computer at "work". At least it gives me another good reason to postpone retirement - besides the economy.

awap:
Said the man with the high speed connection.

Yes! This is what I couldn't remember yesterday! It's when I'm at home on dial up and waste 3 minutes opening a thread to find that it's 3 years old and has only been updated with an "I agree" response that I would most appreciate this feature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom