SEE-ME illuminated DSMB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi just a few questions as alex is on hols at the mo, what lights (lumen output) were you using to light MY SeeMe and what distances were involved as a bit difficult to see the distance when you were in the water, but the land based shot looked like a couple of hundred metres?

Thanks Steve

Hi Steve, in the video I used an LED Lenser emitting 75 lumens - just a pocket torch. Your distances are a pretty good assessment, only about 20-30m in the water and 150-200 in the last sequence.

However, CD reckons the SEE-ME should be visible about 1.5 miles away in low light.

Custom Divers opens again on August 4th I believe.

Hope that helps, cheers.
Pat

My concern with this is that the light source is at the bottom (which it has to be, really, for stability purposes, because a torch is so heavy). If you lean on the bag a bit, it seems likely the torch will be underwater. How visible is it, then?

I've seen bags where you can put a cyalume stick in the top; that has always seemed to be to be a very reasonable idea for improving night visibility of a bag.

My concern with this is that the light source is at the bottom (which it has to be, really, for stability purposes, because a torch is so heavy). If you lean on the bag a bit, it seems likely the torch will be underwater. How visible is it, then?

I've seen bags where you can put a cyalume stick in the top; that has always seemed to be to be a very reasonable idea for improving night visibility of a bag.

I have the XS Scuba bag in bright yellow.

I can put my Intova Ultra Nova up in the fill slot, tie it in with a bungee cord, and clip the snap to the ring in case it falls out.

The light shines up into the SMB like a Japanese lantern, and makes the whole thing very visible.

Back
Top Bottom