Security at SCC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vesebr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey - I'm heading to Scuba Club Cozumel in about a week. I'm planning on bringing my laptop with me to take advantage of the wifi that is offered there. Would any of you who have been to SCC in the past let me know: Will I be alright bringing my laptop to the room with me? If you would suggest against it, do you know if I could leave it with the front desk?

Also - seeing as how it's my first time there, and I heard that it's no frills, does that mean that I should bring my own shampoo/towels/etc?

Thanks

I had no concerns about leaving my laptop in my room when I was there last March. You might want to bring your own shampoo but there will be plenty of nice towels in the room.

I don't remember needing shampoo or the like. If you do, it's only a few minutes walk to Chedruai, which is very well stocked.

Man, I wish I was joining you. We are considering a September trip. It's been 13 months and I'm starting to get the shakes. ; )

Hey - I'm heading to Scuba Club Cozumel in about a week. I'm planning on bringing my laptop with me to take advantage of the wifi that is offered there. Would any of you who have been to SCC in the past let me know: Will I be alright bringing my laptop to the room with me? If you would suggest against it, do you know if I could leave it with the front desk?

Also - seeing as how it's my first time there, and I heard that it's no frills, does that mean that I should bring my own shampoo/towels/etc?

Thanks

You'll have no trouble bringing you laptop and leaving it in your room. Norma and the folks at the front desk will suggest you not leave it out in plain site. We were there this past January, left our laptop in its bag when we were away from the room and had no probs. You don't need to bring towels or shampoo. While Scuba Club isn't a Four Seasons, its a great place to stay and dive. The food, staff and diving are great.:D

I just saw your post - just in case you haven't left yet. You can leave your laptop in plain veiw at SCC. We go once or twice a year for several weeks. Have a wonderful time.

I'll be going back to SCC for the 7th time this year. I've always had a laptop and never had a problem with it or anything else there. The staff are great. If you have cash, tickets or passports, you can lock them in a box at the front office.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom