Secrets that I'm not supposed to share

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harmonyhallresorts

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
So here is my predicament, after years of traveling around and swimming all over the Caribbean my wife & I found a "hidden gem" in St.Vincent. No-One really seems to know about St.Vincent and there isn't a whole lot of info. out there about it. It's an agricultural island. People talk about the neighboring Grenadines as it has a reputation for being exclusive and expensive, but no-one ever mentions anything about St.Vincent. We were so inspired by the land, the sea and the people we relocated our entire lives to start a private boutique resort. My wife & I have been in the customer service industry for more than 30 years combined. We desperately want to share this "hidden gem" with our fellow dive and snorkel enthusiasts simply because it really is that flat out amazing. The reefs here haven't seen the traffic and our thriving. The waters here are notoriously clear and warm and we are below the hurricane belt so the reefs don't get the trashing many other parts of the Caribbean do. The bays are calm and easy for beginners and there are wrecks and walls well worth exploring if you dare. The island is steep and lush with rain-forests, waterfalls & tropical gardens. We are an easy day trip to the marine park known as the Tobago Keys & the famous Horseshoe reef & there is a turtle sanctuary in the Grenadines as well. We want to share this hidden little spot with all our friends but because we own a business here that is called "advertising". Of course we would love to have you here with us, but more importantly we want everyone to know about this secret little gem in the Caribbean no-one talks about. The island is still affordable because it hasn't been "found". 3-1 exchange rate in your favor & one of the lowest crime rates in the Caribbean. The ocean here is described as "how it used to be". PLEASE help us out in our predicament and share St.Vincent with your friends and dive clubs. Find what info. you can & then come see the Caribbean the "way it used to be".

Sounds great. Keep spreading the word, but use paragraphs. :D

I've been checking out some info on the area and seriously considering a trip down.

Thanks for the tip!

Secrets out, the cruise lines are negotiating how many cruise ship piers they can handle

Cruiseships? Grrrrrrr. :(

We did a sailboat cruise through the Grenadines some years ago. We had a ball. The area is lightly visited, and I would imagine the diving is probably lovely.

I dove Bequia and also had a couple of dives at Tobago (through the Friendship Rose day sail).

Found the diving at Bequia to be sweet!

Tobago dives that one day were not so enjoyable as current was ripping. We didn't get to enjoy much but it was one helluva ride.

Would definitely return to Bequia if it wasn't so darn difficult to get there from here. Will check into what's involved to get to St. Vincent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom