Secret tips anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

voln

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wondering if the experts on this board have any tips, large and small, for the newer divers, those things that they never taught you at scuba school or things you picked up along the way that make diving even more pleasant.

Mine is fairly trivial: before going on a dive I pop a mint in my mouth, so the air I breath is "minty fresh" - and also so that if I swallow sea water I am less likely to gag!

Voln:hi:

There was a thread about this just a short while back. I didn't have any luck with the search for it but maybe someone will know the link to it.

Oh yea...Welcome!

Originally posted by Zept
I think this may be the thread Dee was talking about.

Zept

Yeah...that's it! Thanks Zept!

This from a boy scout leader??!! Zept - thanks for the link - those were good tips!

Walter - if you are reading this, what does "DSSW" mean??? :confused:

Voln

You have already found my secret tip. Read the board, use the board, ask questions on the board, and try to dive with people from the board. It will help you learn alot. At least it helped/helps me.

Chad

#4... never let on that you are a Venture Crew Advisor or a Scout Master and expect to get away with stuff.

#3,128... Under no circumstances should you position any part of your anatomy (including the right pinky toe) under an hp PST 120.

#3,129... Don't let a non-english speaking X-Ray tech, flatten the part of your anatomy that was inadvertently UNDER your hp PST 120 when you dropped it.

#3,130... Find a lighter tank. Preferably one that is made of rubber and will bounce as well.

#3,130a... Or learn to move your feet faster.

#3,130b... Or let the LDS guy put it in your truck for you.

#3,130c... Or use HeliOx... it's got to be lighter, and your tank will float.

:eek:ff:

NetDoc, I'm amazed. You managed to think of 3,127 tips before you got to, 'Don't drop your tank on your feet'?!

You have missed one, though:

#3,129a... When the orthopaedic surgeon reconstructs your damaged bone(s), make sure they Use the Right Tools.

Zept :nospeak:

Back
Top Bottom