Second Stage Won't Rotate Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ErikNYC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello,

I purchased a Miflex2 regulator hose to go with my Cressi second stage, however, once I tighten down the hose the regulator will not turn or rotate freely. If I switch back to my previous rubber hose, the issues goes away. I am not over tightening, simple had tightened. What solutions do I have, other than going back to the rubber hose? Thank you.

Unfortunately it would seem that your new hose is not compatible with your second stage. What's happening is that the connection on the second stage is too long for the hose connection. The new hose has less thread than the old one so the tip of the connection on the regulator is making contact with the back side of the hose nut before it makes contact with the base of that connector. This then clamps the connection in place.

Although, it could be possible that some debris has made it's way into the hose fitting and this is causing you problems. I've only seen this with people who have pushed an o-ring past the o-ring groove to the bottom of the hose fitting however.

Hopefully what I'm saying makes sense, it's hard to explain without a picture to reference.

Yes, I'm leaning towards getting a new hose. I checked, everything is clean, no debris or o-rings in the way.

Thank you.

Another option would be to add a spacer between the hose connection and the nut on the regulator air barrel. A -014 o-ring would probably do the job. Better would be a bit wider nut that holds the air barrel against the body. That threading is standard so a wider nut from another mfgr should work fine.

Thank you awap. I'm going to give that a try, and if anything switch to the DGE braided hose.

Another option would be to add a spacer between the hose connection and the nut on the regulator air barrel. A -014 o-ring would probably do the job. Better would be a bit wider nut that holds the air barrel against the body.

Had the same issue with a Cressi Airtech (regular hose not Miflex) a while back and added an 014. It fixed the issue.

Great! Where exactly does the 014 oring go?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Great! Where exactly does the 014 oring go?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Try placing it on the threaded barrel pushed up against the nut. Thread the hose on against the o-ring. That can be accomplished without any disassembly and should work OK. Just check the connection often, by hand, to make sure it is not coming loose.

Alternatively you could remove the nut from the regulator and ad the o-ring over the threaded barrel between the nut and the regulator body but that does require some disassembly. The best long term solution would be replacing the nut with one a bit wider. This would probably best be done in conjunction with a service.

Had the same issue with a Cressi Airtech (regular hose not Miflex) a while back and added an 014. It fixed the issue.

Try placing it on the threaded barrel pushed up against the nut. Thread the hose on against the o-ring. That can be accomplished without any disassembly and should work OK. Just check the connection often, by hand, to make sure it is not coming loose.

Alternatively you could remove the nut from the regulator and ad the o-ring over the threaded barrel between the nut and the regulator body but that does require some disassembly. The best long term solution would be replacing the nut with one a bit wider. This would probably best be done in conjunction with a service.

Thank you very much guys. I went ahead and purchased the o-ring from DGX, and all worked out great. I placed the o-ring between the nut and the regulator body. When I take it in for my next service I will be sure to ask for a wider nut.

Thank you very much!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom