Second stage seat repair . anyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shil

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all.

I am stuck with an old regulator with parts not so easily available. Recently the second started leaking gently. The second seat stage was suspect, and seemed to have hardened ? ( Of course Ist stage has to be checked too, but I thought let me fix the 2nd first). I had a spare seat for this second stage, but it crumbled into pieces upon assembly.
So what material do I use to make seat.

oxyhacker - help. ( I do have a copy of your book, by the way.( customer no 1768)).

material to use, shore hardness required. any other info welcome.

Shil

P.S The regulator in question is an poseidon cyclon 300.

I am not familliar with poseidons but if you are talking a "hockey puck" style LP seat, many DS will stock generic seats of that style. I know Trident makes them and there may be others. The 1/4 inch generic seat looks like it will work OK in my Scubapro regs. I have not tried it yet. I believe they are also made in 5/16 inch diameter.

I considered making my own using tool and material from M-C. Looks like about $15 worth of hole punch and 1/16 inch thick sheet of "rubber" should do the trick. I was planning on trying EPDM in duro 70. But as long as other sources meet my needs I'll stay with them.

Check with local shops, they may have seats that fit from a different manufacturer that will work in your reg. What reg is it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom