Second Annual British Columbia Trek

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
MampP_zps7ca82efa.jpg

We're sitting in our hotel in Port Hardy watching bald eagles after our week of diving from God's Pocket Resort. Bill and Annie along with their helpful crew did everything to ensure an enjoyable stay. We had sunny skies every day in contrast to the rain we experienced last year. We could not have asked for better topside conditions.
Visibility underwater was a bit less than expected except for a few dives with so much to see that we didn't notice any particulates in the water. Sometimes the jellies were so thick that they cut down on the vis. I found a spot on Browning Wall with over sixty feet visibility and more color than a kaleidoscope.
Only one of the dives was colder than we routinely dive around Palos Verdes so we had no complaints, other than we didn't spend two weeks here. I came back with an average of nearly six photos per dive which is pretty good in my logbook. I can't wait for our third annual B.C. Trek.
Port%20Hardy%2013_zpsrvrikzgo.jpg

Gods%20Pocket_zps69vqrzry.jpg

Seven%20Tree%203_zpshsbw0hzg.jpg

Seven%20Tree%204_zpslkilf590.jpg

Barry%20Island%206_zpsirhbofpz.jpg

Landslide%204_zpskjimnlcv.jpg

Landslide%206_zps5yhqi3ag.jpg

Ruths%20Rock%201_zpsw3xqthjq.jpg

Barry%20Island%209_zpslcrm7m5t.jpg

Ruths%20Rock%203_zpswftsljxv.jpg

Snowfall%209_zps4opsvard.jpg

Snowfall%208_zpsdnlm6ego.jpg

Snowfall%202_zpscesgq7pf.jpg

Snowfall%201_zpsrc8oveji.jpg

Seven%20Tree%206_zpszb1abcdx.jpg

Gods%20Pocket%203_zpslcnb3woi.jpg

R%20amp%20B%204_zpsah8fbuji.jpg

R%20amp%20B%208_zpsd1wcwbxj.jpg

Ruths%20Rock%204_zpssknajuuc.jpg

Barry%20Island%2014_zpsmsbywwzr.jpg

Port%20Hardy%2018_zpsdrm0thpl.jpg

More photos at Canada 2015 by MaxBottomtime | Photobucket

Beautiful pictures! I especially love the shot of the lemon peel nudi.

Wow Phil! What an incredible series! Really making my dry gills ache with envy!

Fantastic shots as always! Were the octopus shots a GPO?

Hey Frank! When are you coming home? Also, have you shot any poachers yet? :)
Caught quite a few poachers with night decoys but haven't got to shoot any yet :) It looks like I'll be working up here for the time being but I'm planning a trip that will hopefully get my gills wet for the end of October. My new position should allow me the funds and off-time to venture back to big blue more often.

We just returned from the six-gill shark survey with Rendezvous Dive Adventures in Barkley Sound. It was beautiful diving and sparked our interest in Port Hardy with God's Pocket. Do you have any tips, suggestions, lessons learned from your trips there?

Thanks,
Jon

Back
Top Bottom