Second Annual Atami Fireworks Beach Bash and Dive Fest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish

The man behind the fish
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The Event:
Last year was the best fireworks display I've ever seen...period. Added to that, Atami also has perhaps the nicest sand beach in Izu. The diving was great and we had one of the most memorable weekends all year.:rofl3:

This year, the fireworks are slated to be on Friday night at 8:20 instead of Sat, like last year. Shame, but that's the way it is.

The Diving:
Atami is known for spectacular soft corals and has one of the only diveable wrecks on mainland Japan. Most of the good diving (in my opinion) is in the 20 to 30 meter range. I should also say that the visibility is relatively unpredictable, especially above 15 meters.

For this reason, this particular weekend should be viewed as an experienced divers outing.

The Stay:
We've reserved spaces for 10 guys and 5 women for Friday night (the night of the fireworks) and the same for Saturday night. About half of those spaces are gone at this point.

Diving is Saturday morning (we'll try for a late start since Friday will be a big night) and there will be diving available Sunday if we have at least 4 people interested.

How to Reserve:
I'LL NEED TO KNOW WHO IS COMING IN THE NEXT WEEK...Once divers have expressed interest, they'll be contacted for a deposit to hold their space since we'll be liable for the overnight stay and dive reservations for this busy weekend.

Please tell me if you'd like to stay Friday night only, or Saturday night stay over as well. Please also indicate if you will be diving Sunday.

See our web site or Facebook listing for full details.

Attachments

• atamifireworks.jpg
    atamifireworks.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 31
  • atamigroup.jpg
    atamigroup.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 34
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom