Secluded beach on Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CarwashGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a secluded piece of beach on Grand Cayman for a romantic picnic. We will have a car and know the island a bit (this will be our 3rd visit). West Bay area would be most convenient but it seems to me that the north side (Old Mans Bay area) was a bit more secluded, if I remember correctly. Any suggestions? Any ideas, Drew or Casey?

Do you have a 4 wheel drive rental car? There are couple very isolated spots on the north shore in East End. Entry to one of these is about 50 yards west of the western edge of the Barefoot Beach Gardens development. You'll need 4wd for that one.

There is another set of off road secluded spots off the first signposted road west of The Royal Reef. Those aren't quite as treacherous.

Old Man Bay has a spot or two but they are quite close to the roadway.

There is a spot in the West Bay. Just past the Ristorante Pappagallo. A nice secluded beach. Divetech in West Bay set up a picnic lunch,hammock,table, chairs,towels,and lounge chair, so we could lay in the sun.There was horse back riding in that area also. We had A wonderful time. I think that part of the beach would be just what you are looking for. Hope you have a great time!! Turtle Gal :turtle:

I agree with Turtle Gal.
If you head out just past Pappagallos Restaurant, the road turns to dirt. Just follow along that and pull off anywhere. There are parking areas located all along the road. The beach is not kept clean of turtle grass and other things that might float in, but the beach is very quiet and the view is great! You're looking across the North Sound towards Sting Ray City.
Have fun! Casey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom