Sebastian Floridaa Need Info Pleaseee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=)!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got the 1715 fever many years ago...actually worked some of the "Gold Ships" blowing holes in the sand. I have found many artifacts including a super gold piece...Since this area is leased from generally leased the Fisher estate...for the record I found this stuff on the beach.

I've done quite a bit of armchair reseach on these wrecks...It is one fascinating story. One of the worst disasters in Maritine history....one to three thousand people died. The queen's dowery has never been recovered, only 1/4 of the fleet has been positivally located and every year since the '60's "booty" has been found.

There is a museam (McClarity State Museam) has an intriguing presentation that is a "have to see" when you are in Florida.

Joe

Then there is Mel Fisher's museum in Sebastian. It is worth a visit as well.

The Fisher Museum is great place to shop for that "Someone Special". They have great jewery!

SmileMon:
What about http://www.frogmandivers.com/
They claim they have charters in the website...
It would be great if these guys did run charters up there. The fishing boat charters weren't that interested in dealing with divers and have no provisions for stowing gear anyway.
Sebastian is an ok place to spend the weekend, especially if the Squid Lips bar on the water is open and they have cracked conch. Everyone always went on about the great surfing up there, but it was just more crowded baby waves although they don't have the shark problems that Volusia county does offshore.
In the middle of a surf meet right by the Sebastian inlet, some nimrod was shore casting - he really looked like a doofus fishing with all the surfers around.
Then he goes and pulls in a 40-pound snook. Impressed the hell out of me.

There are actually quite a lot of Bull Sharks off shore from the park where everyone surfs.

The Squid Lips bar that is on the barge is still up on the bank, so no, the bar on the water isn't open yet, I haven't a clue when or if it ever will be again.

I like to sit on my front porch, have a beer and watch the sky divers.

Hey I must be a special someone I have some jewlrey from the mel fisher museum, its a small pendant, totally cool. As for the wrecks, I would love to go diving "the beach" and find some gold. lol.
Cheers, Josh

I'm glad you started this thread, tehkraken. My parents have just built a house in Sebastion, so I may be available this summer, or on weekends, to go out for dives. What I'm hearing, from down here in Ft. Lauderdale, is the same thing Tom stated - there aren't many sites to dive? But heck, I'm up for 'beach' searching and bull-shark riding.

haha, I'll be looking forward to pulling some nice treasure and artififacts out of a nice "beach" wreck too. Sounds great all, maybe we can get some beach-entry dive going on at sebastian. What do you guys think? I know cuda, dennis, mambo, and maybe tom W. or tom ro, would want to go. I think thats adequeate!!! Anyone else? Sugesstions to get this thing goin? I personally, prefer the deep old old wrecks, and bringin a detector, but it is your alls choice. Lets hear some suggestions!!!!
Cheers, Josh

oh another place, my personal favourite beach is New Smyrna Beach, FL, they are relatively close, and on the treasure coast.......some food for thought!!
Cheers, Josh

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom