SeaWing Gorilla straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texasguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello, I have Gorilla fins for about 2 years. Love them. During my first dive this week I noticed that the gray rubber of the pull tabs started to crack. Operates still well but the pull tab does not seem reliable anymore. How much are the straps? The flexible cord is impossible to examine, I am not sure in what condition the inside rubber bands are. I'd like to have an extra pair before I go to a liveaboard. :D

As far as I'm aware you cannot buy just the tabs but need to buy complete straps. Over here in Japan they are around $35 for the pair.

---------- Post added May 2nd, 2014 at 10:07 PM ----------

Scuba.com "look" to have them but double check before placing order with them as IIRC they said they have them but photo is wrong and in fact they didn't. Any scubapro dealer should be able to order them for you. I've not seen the grey ones anywhere only black, blue and yellow. Good luck.

Scuba diving gear Fins Fin Accessories at Scuba.com Page 1

If you unclip buckle and take cover off, use a small flat head screwdriver and just push tab at end in it will pop off, you will then have access to bungee. Just pull the bungee out of the post it wraps around and you can then slide pull tab off and inspect. I've done this without issue. It's simpler than it sounds.

I'll get XS Scuba steel spring straps then.

I'll get XS Scuba steel spring straps then.

why would you want steel spring straps instead of the bungie?

check with you LDS and have them look at your fins and order a replacement, may even be a warranty replacement

I would get he XS Scuba Spring Straps over anything else on the market. I have been on my original pair going on 5 years now.

I would get he XS Scuba Spring Straps over anything else on the market. I have been on my original pair going on 5 years now.

For pin style i.e jet fin style absolutely agree, I have them on my jets. A friend of mine has them on his Cressi fins and they are quite badly cutting into the posts and do on occasion pop off, not while wearing but when taking off.

Hi Texasguy,
The replacement gray spring straps have varied retail pricing and come in 4 sizes:
S 25.718.205
M 25.718.305
L 25.718.405
XL 25.718.505

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom