Seaventures Platform resort, Mabul

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Batfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I would love to hear comments about the Seaventures Platform resort from anyone who has been there. Worth the money? I know it's a budget option, but still - are the rooms nice, the food good, the boats and staff good? Would you go there again?

Thanks

Jamie

I never stayed there but I dived the platform dive site. The site is fantastic but the current was quite strong when we were there. Say hello to "Elvis" the insanely large moray if you go.

jiveturkey:
I never stayed there but I dived the platform dive site. The site is fantastic but the current was quite strong when we were there. Say hello to "Elvis" the insanely large moray if you go.

Like Jiveturkey, I have not stayed with them but agree that the site is great. Elvis is huge !! there are also lots of crocodile flatheads , frog fishes and scorpion fishes. all very easy to spot as they are just there amongst the debris from the rig.

It's a cool place to be! My friends and I just came back from there on the 14th of May 2006 (the day before the stupid barge went scrapping the floor clean!). The house reef is the best in the area cos it's v rich and you can see most of the macro life you wanna see in a small area.

Our DM was Patrick. He's good and paitent. Will wait for you while u take pictures (half of our grp have cameras!).

Food was excellence!! Especially the soup. I don't even eat that kinda nutrious meals at home. Chinese food we had.

Well the only drawback would be the lack of beach. But that wasn't important to us. There's aircon and individual toilets in the room (pretty small). If you want, i think you shld request for a lower deck one cos we stayed on deck 4 (highest) and it will sway when there's strong wind! :p

I find the lift exit facinating. After you're done with the house reef, you can just swim onto the platform and it will lift you back up to the rig... Let me show you: Lift Exit

It is worth the $ !!
(cos anyway i think they r the cheapest around that area! hehehe)

Oh yah....Besides Elvis (the huge moray eel....which i didn't see :()....there's resident pygmy seahorses there if you're interested....

This is an old thread but I thought I would ask what is the best way to go about booking at this place. They have a website but I cannot find pricing.
Link: I sent them an email to info@seaventuresdive.com but did not get a reply, perhaps they do all bookings through agents?

I can suggest you to check your spam and junk filters just in case. Actually just several months ago we were booking trip directly using e-mail youÃÓe listed without any problem (moreover response time was very short as far as I can recall).
As to place itself - it is "very, very, very nice". Last time we were there in February (for two weeks) and planning to go back in August.

Actually, it did go into my spam filter so found it there, thanks. I ended up booking the trip with Miss Theerapong at Bangkok Dive shop in Bangkok (http://www.bangkokdive.com). She offered a little better pricing (not too much difference from Seaventuresdive.com though). We will be going at the end of November.

We are coming from the Philippines, so we are flying from Boracay to Manila to Kota Kinabalu on Cebu Pacific Air, arriving in the early evening, overnighting there and flying in the morning to Tawau. It's not the easiest place to get to so I hope it is worth it.

Seaventures platform looks like a cool place. Really looking forward to the trip. If I'm lucky, I can watch Thanksgiving NFL football if they have fast enough wifi!

You can also book your trip in travelbooth-asia.com. They can book you a hotel or resort in Boracay, or Palawan or in Apo Island in Philippines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom