Seattle Scuba Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd recommend TLSea on 99. That's West of the Kent Valley, West of I-5 on the West side of 99. Most likely about ten minutes from you. I've been in there a couple times and liked the staff. They are very plugged in to dives in the area. There are a couple of shore dives near you though I haven't been there in years, like Saltwater State Park, Dash Point and Redondo.

I'm sure you'll get some other tips here so stay tuned!

Sea ya!

Dave

Sasquatch:
I'd recommend TLSea on 99. That's West of the Kent Valley, West of I-5 on the West side of 99. Most likely about ten minutes from you.

Perfect! It's less than a mile away. I think I'll drop in and see if I can get something set up!

Thanks.

(I'll still check back here to see if anyone else has any good site advice, or wants to get wet.)

Redondo is a great beginner dive. Lots od stuff in the water around 30', like a few boats, an oven, toilet, and a VW bug. There a map available at

http://www.pnwscuba.com/directions.htm#redondo

Click on Dive map 1 or 3 for an idea what you can see. I did my OW cert dives there - very cool. Restrooms and showers are available, and Salty's is supposed to be a good place to eat (though I never been there).

-Rishidian

Rishidian:
Redondo is a great beginner dive.

-Rishidian

Thanks! The TLSea dive club just happened to have a dive scheduled for tomorrow morning at Alki Cove II. That was a site I had noted as a possibility when I was checking out the area from Ohio - and since it is currently the path of least resistance to the water I'm jumping in.

TLSea was quite friendly (as Sasquatch suggested above), got me geared up, and ready to go.

... and got to meet a fellow ScubaBoardan in the process ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
... and got to meet a fellow ScubaBoardan in the process ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Yep - That was fun! I participate in a couple of e-boards and this is the fist time I've met someone in person that I'd run across first online.

Guess that spoils the "first" meeting at the end of this month (that I have been planning for several months) with someone I've been discussing photography with on another board... :)

I wish I would have had internet access while in seattle to see this thread develope as my family I was visiting lives in Kent. Next time though. I did get a pretty cool dive in with a scubaboarder at Harper Pier (at Southworth). I do plan on going back for more diving though. :) Next time :)

Back
Top Bottom