Seattle Scuba Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amascuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Howdy!

I'm going to be in Seattle for a few days in July and would like to spend one day doing some diving (probably a two tank dive).

Are there any charters available? If not, what about shore diving?

What are the water conditions like during the summer?

Anybody have any dive shops that they use to rent tanks/weights?

Does anybody have any dive sites that they recommend?

Thanks!

There are excellent charters available on the weekends -- I've been out with Bandito charters several times, and they do a great job.

Shore diving is readily available in many areas of the Sound. What to recommend depends a little on precisely where you are going to be, as does the recommendation for dive shops.

Water conditions will be murky and about 53 degrees, if it's anything like last year.

Post closer to your trip, and I'm sure you'll be able to find people to dive with. Most of us barely need an excuse :)

give us a shout the week you're going to be here and maybe we will jump in with you.

Yes check out the diveclub scene and I am sure you will come up with a buddy. You can also check out www.mossbaydiveclub.org, We have something like 500 members and I am sure one will be availble to dive with you

I'm coming .....
July 7 - 11.
I was hoping to do one or two dives early on July 10 or possibly on July 9. Same questions as before. :) I'll try to find out more information as I can.

Well, when it gets closer to your arrival let us know. Think about what you would like to see, Wolf Eel, Octo, Walls, drift, putzy dives, micro critters, large Ling and Cabezon...That will let us narrow it down for you on which sites you might like to try even though the tides don't look too good that week...
I am sure there will be someone diving somewhere who would welcome you along...like Lynn says, "we rarely need an excuse" even if it is a mucky time in the Puget Sound...
It's still diving...
Kirsten

TSandM:
There are excellent charters available on the weekends -- I've been out with Bandito charters several times, and they do a great job.

Seconded on Bandito! They'll feed you and even give you a thoughful toss over the edge. Personal favorites are Delco wall and either Zees reef or Sunrise reef. The wolf eels love to come out and play if you're the first ones out there. GPO all over the place, although they'll be pastey white sleeping when you're there. Ah, can't forget the barges! If you've got a camera the dolphins are incredible. You'd be surprised how long you can circle around and stare at five piers lashed together.

What part of Seattle?

(For the purpose of recommending good shore diving and dive shops)

Dave

<<What part of Seattle?>>

Butting into a thread I didn't start....I have a similar question

I am in Tacoma (my hotel is in Kent tonight) and would like to dive tomorrow (Saturday) morning. Any recommendations for a dive shop (I'll need to rent some gear - as will my daughter if I can convince her to dive with me). Probably a shore dive (or a boat dive if we can be out of the water by noon). She's a brand new diver, and only medium swimmer so currents probably need to be minimal, and I would a appreciate a well marked/mapped underwater course so I can spend more of my time sight seeing than concentrating on navigating. Both of us have done a mixture of cold and warm water diving so temperature (50+, at least) is not a concern.

My daughter may not be up to diving (it's been a long week with not quite enough sleep), so a local buddy would be wonderful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom