Seattle People: Are You Gonna Take This From Simon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't the Ten Commandments say something about "Idol" worship? I don't pay any attention to the show and find Simon to be worthy of extinction... at least from my mind and eyes.

drbill:
Didn't the Ten Commandments say something about "Idol" worship?

:rofl3:

thanks mislav!

I love Jam's avatar. (I requested it!)

mislav:
I don't know about Seattle having the worst singers. I kinda liked the grunge music era.

I agree, Mislav -- Kurt Cobain, Chris Cornell, Jerry Cantrell and Eddie Vedder were not so bad. It's a matter of taste...

ScubaTexan:
I agree, Mislav -- Kurt Cobain, Chris Cornell, Jerry Cantrell and Eddie Vedder were not so bad. It's a matter of taste...

9000 people showed up and they picked 15...that isn't a very good percentage. I'm sure those people come of their own free will and sign enough wavers to choke a horse. They know what they are doing and are just trying to get on TV!

On another note...

Mmmmm Chris Cornell....*Jen fanning herself*

chris_cornell_99.jpg

But...wouldn't you feel some ethical responsibility or human decency not to use mentally retarded people? I don't know...I am going to predict we might hear more about this. I think they recruited them. (Andy...know ant ADA lawyers, cause this would be a legit case)

It was kinda sad seeing them tell people they were ugly, looked like monkeys, etc. I really can't see how anybody could want to watch that. Not to be preachy, but it really bothered me.

I would hope the liberals would get on this.

Oh I don't think it's right the way he talks to them...I think it's horrible! But I do think they go there on their own. Some people will do anything for their 15 minutes, including letting some pompous English toad ridicule them on national tv!

Oh and human decency and tv producers just don't mix, think Jerry Springer.

yea, I just thought it was really sad, because all the teenagers watch it.

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Oh I don't think it's right the way he talks to them...I think it's horrible! But I do think they go there on their own. Some people will do anything for their 15 minutes, including letting some pompous English toad ridicule them on national tv!

You have to take anything that Simon Cowell says with somewhere between a grain of salt and the state of Utah... :rolleyes:

catherine96821:
But...wouldn't you feel some ethical responsibility or human decency not to use mentally retarded people? I don't know...I am going to predict we might hear more about this. I think they recruited them. (Andy...know ant ADA lawyers, cause this would be a legit case)

It was kinda sad seeing them tell people they were ugly, looked like monkeys, etc. I really can't see how anybody could want to watch that. Not to be preachy, but it really bothered me.

I would hope the liberals would get on this.

Not me. But I'm not much of a "bleeding heart" liberal...

The ones where the person busts out of the room crying nearly in hysterics and they don't cut any of it and just let it drag on do kind of get to me, though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom