Seattle area pools that allow scuba gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwflyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a new set of scuba gear on the way (I ended up having to buy it on the internet since none of LDS carry the stuff I decided on - I was actually willing to pay them a bricks 'n mortar premium, but they just couldn't/wouldn't get what I wanted, so I had no real choice but to order online).

When our gear arrives next week, I'd like to put it together and make sure it's all working and adjusted right before we jet off to a far away dive trip. We only dive warm water, so a trip to Edmonds or West Seattle is not an option (sorry boys, thin wetsuits, we stay out of the local waters).

I want to rent tanks and head to a local pool for an hour to check out the new gear (as much as you can in 15 - 20 feet of pool water). But I have no idea what local pools permit such things. Anybody know? The deeper (and the cheaper) the better.

Thanks.

I understand that the public pool in Mill Creek allows scuba gear. My husband thinks he remembers that the fee is $10 an hour for a lane, plus a $10 access charge.

There is also a pool under the big Chinese restaurant on Westlake which I have heard will rent lanes.

Good luck with this. Pool access for scuba isn't easy.

I've got a new set of scuba gear on the way (I ended up having to buy it on the internet since none of LDS carry the stuff I decided on - I was actually willing to pay them a bricks 'n mortar premium, but they just couldn't/wouldn't get what I wanted, so I had no real choice but to order online).

When our gear arrives next week, I'd like to put it together and make sure it's all working and adjusted right before we jet off to a far away dive trip. We only dive warm water, so a trip to Edmonds or West Seattle is not an option (sorry boys, thin wetsuits, we stay out of the local waters).

I want to rent tanks and head to a local pool for an hour to check out the new gear (as much as you can in 15 - 20 feet of pool water). But I have no idea what local pools permit such things. Anybody know? The deeper (and the cheaper) the better.

Thanks.

One of the LDS's uses the Mercer Island pool in the evenings for OW classes, Tuesday and Thursdays when there is a class from about 8 to 10:30 or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom