Seattle Alki Cove two Reward for return of item

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe that It should not have been removed from the rail so soon.
Yeah... I wish folks would just leave stuff alone! That way I could leave all my stuff there and only take the tanks back and forth to fill them.

Fact is, with all the traffic through that place it isn't surprising that stuff left laying around ends up finding a new home. Fortunately in your case it was removed to keep it from going away permanently and has now been returned.

I've been fortunate like that there as well. A couple of weeks ago I left my fins near the rinse station and someone took them over to Alki Fish & Crab not knowing whose they were. They had only been sitting there for a few minutes but I had walked away without them.

It would have been a bummer if someone had seen me walk away and decided that the fins were up for grabs and snatched them! I'm glad that the non-diver tourist removed my fins before that could happen.

Another verse in the same song: several months ago I removed some dive gear that had been left laying on the grass for hours while the parking lot emptied and filled again. I posted notices in Alki Fish & Crab as well as here on Scuba Board, NWD2D and the Deco Stop. I still haven't had anyone describe and claim the gear. It is sitting on a shelf in my garage waiting to be claimed. I did have someone ask me to sell it but I figure that the owner may yet surface. :D

Another happy pair of pants, priceless.

I suppose I could have had another wet suit bottoms,... but i went dry a while ago, glad I was able to find the owner.

Anybody loose a 50 dollar bill I found there?

Snowbear:
I lost a $50 bill once.... maybe the currents took it there :D
Oh, sorry. This was an American fifty, not Alaskan... :wink:

HAHAHA i lost a set of apollo split fins a few years back just left them sitting near the damn car and off we went for dive number 2.. And i wonder why is there so much hatred of split fins on the boards?

Krusty:
HAHAHA i lost a set of apollo split fins a few years back just left them sitting near the damn car and off we went for dive number 2.. And i wonder why is there so much hatred of split fins on the boards?

I left a pair of Apollo split fins sitting on my car once ... hoping someone would take them.

I came back an hour later and there was a second pair sitting right next to them ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom