SeaTac flight question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mohave_steve

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All,

I am new to the PNW and am looking towards making my first dive vacation departing from Seattle.

Over the past several years I managed to figure out what the most reasonable & convenient flight destinations were for me from PHX & LAS.

Now that I am in Washington, what are the "easiest" flight destinations (for diving) from SeaTac?

Thanks

Steve

Hello All,

I am new to the PNW and am looking towards making my first dive vacation departing from Seattle.

Over the past several years I managed to figure out what the most reasonable & convenient flight destinations were for me from PHX & LAS.

Now that I am in Washington, what are the "easiest" flight destinations (for diving) from SeaTac?

Thanks

Steve
Alaska Airlines has direct flight to Cancun which are often reasonably priced. Then you need to take a bus to Playa or even Cozumel but get out of Cancun.

There are also reasonably cheap ($400-$500), obviously direct, flights to most of the Hawaiian islands.

There are also reasonably cheap ($400-$500), obviously direct, flights to most of the Hawaiian islands.

Ouch!! I guess my days of $299 R/T non-stops to Maui are over......

Southwest to several islands in HI are usually the cheapest I find. Plus every flight you take is 2 points and every 16 points you get a free flight. Add in that discount and I can almost guarantee they are the cheapest. Plus, any trips count so do some short cheap ones and then use your free flight on a long one...sometimes you can actually save more on the free flight then you spent on the shorter ones. I used to do DC to NH a lot, $42 each way. Then I did NH to HI....woohoo!

Alaska Airlines is the only airline that has a "hub" in Seattle. So, to go anywhere in the Caribbean, you are talking 1 or even 2 connections.

There is non-stop service to the Hawaiian Islands (5-6 hours)
Non-stop service to most vacation destinations in Mexico on Alaska (except Acapuco and Cancun)
Non-stop service to Miami on Alaska (6 hours)
Excellent connections to eastern Mexico and Central America through Texas on American and Continental.
Cabo or Loreto are going to be the closest cities to warm water diving, with Hawaii being next.
The other thing that is missing is charter service. There isn't any at Sea-Tac. There is charter service out of Vancouver BC, but Seattle has never done well with vacation charters, like Denver has, for example.

Frontier from Seatac to Denver, then direct to Cozumel is what we do. Avoid the Cancun airport this way. Continental does the same with a stop in Houston, but Denver airport is better, and the flight times in and out of Coz suit our schedule much better with Frontier than with Continental.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom