Seat for gearing up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That reminds me. There was some discussion about the load capacity rating of those lifetime tables. I am currently working on a new table based on a folding stainless steel camping toilet. The claimed capacity of that is 250 pounds. Some others are rated to 330 pounds. It’s basically the original frame with the toilet seat removed and a flat table surface put in its place.

Folding platforms like this are pretty ubiquitous at many UK dive sites. My car boot (trunk) is just right for loading and gearing up, but I still use the platform when transferring my rig to and from it's storage in the house. I assemble it laying down on the platform, stand it up, then sit down on the platform, put the shoulder straps on, then stand up and carry. Very easy to do.

View attachment 637893

Been using the same thing for a couple of years now. We use them for our public safety dive team for shore operations so the back up diver can sit, support the weight of the tank, and be ready to deploy if needed.

40 In. Lightweight Aluminum Work Platform

Been using the same thing for a couple of years now. We use them for our public safety dive team for shore operations so the back up diver can sit, support the weight of the tank, and be ready to deploy if needed.

40 In. Lightweight Aluminum Work Platform

Hmmm. "225 lbs working load." That wouldn't even support just my body weight!

rx7diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom