Season is winding down - interest in this weekend 11/8 or 11/9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basking Ridge Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thinking Shark River Inlet (A Street) or L Street (Back Bay)... Depending on weather but right now it looks fair...
Saturday HT - 8:03 am or 8:32pm night dive Sunday HT 8:48 am
Not sure how many more weekends left - tropicals may be gone by now but there is always hope.

We may look at the inlet first to see if there are a lot of fishermen. If there are we will be at L Street - if not would like a shot at the inlet before the season ends for us.
Should be ok with Westerly winds - but you are right it could be stirred up a bit... The web cams are showing small waves on the shoreline.

GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EST THIS EVENING

THIS AFTERNOON
NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT...INCREASING TO 25 TO
30 KT LATE WITH GUSTS TO 35 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT. A DOMINANT PERIOD
OF 8 SECONDS. SCATTERED SHOWERS.

TONIGHT
NW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 KT EARLY...
DIMINISHING TO 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6
FT...SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 4 FT LATE. MAINLY IN NE SWELL WITH A
DOMINANT PERIOD OF 7 SECONDS.

SAT
SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT. SEAS 2 TO
4 FT. MAINLY IN SE SWELL WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 10 SECONDS.

SAT NIGHT
SW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...BECOMING W 10 TO 15 KT LATE.
SEAS 2 TO 4 FT...BUILDING TO 3 TO 5 FT AFTER MIDNIGHT. MAINLY IN
S SWELL WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 8 SECONDS.

SUN
W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.

SUN NIGHT
W WINDS AROUND 10 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FT.

South Side - it is called A Street - since you come in on that side (A Street is the name of the street). Between the apartment buildings and the private home (on the west side of the apartment buildings). I have dove both sides and prefer A Street when I can... Generally a 1/2 hour before high tide I am in the water on the Inlet - any more and the tide is still pretty strong... and out 20 mins or so after high tide so it is not a pain to climb back out in the same spot... So out towards the bridge and back to the same spot if there are not a ton of fishermen... Normally at night I dont have issues with the fishermen or lines - most fish during the day time...

We should be there about 7am. Look for a red Ram with tanks in the back.

I must confess - when I woke up this morning my son was pulling tanks from the basement and I looked at the thermometer - it read 33 degrees... told him to put the tanks back and we would dive another day - I hope it turned out a good dive. I am generally not a wuss but I looked at the weather report and called it before I left the house. :shakehead:

On the flip side it reminded me I need to get the kids to Pelican for ski boots and skis... :D

Back
Top Bottom